OmniBrain adds two additional dimensions of brainwave entrainment to the iMRS one system – the audio and visual sensory entrainment, on top of the Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) entrainment. OmniBrain is an improved version of iSLRS (intelligent Sound Light Relaxation System) that comes with the flag-ship iMRS system as an optional accessory. Key upgraded features of OmniBrain 2.0 includes
- A more robust chipset that offers longer lifetime and usage durability
- The goggle comes with a bigger surface area with a semi-hardened plate that offers better protection of the internal circuitry from damages. The bigger goggle also allows better coverage of face and filtering of environmental light during use.
- Detachable ear bug. This is a long-due design upgrade as ear-bug is one of the most common failures due to usage. In the past, you will need to replace the entire OmniBrain unit if there is a faulty ear-bug. Now you can remove the stock ear bug and use your own’s ear bug, or even over the ear headset for better audio entrainment effect.
Tips on using OmniBrain
OmniBrain can be used independently from other PEMF applicators with the OmniBrain App.
- Use with your eyes closed for better effect and protection, while it’s still safe to use with your eyes open. When we close our eyes, the light gets filtered and reflected through our eye-lids, resulting in a wider dispersion of light
- Use a comfortable light intensity. The effect of light stimulation may wear off after several minutes into the session. This is normal as our brain is programmed to filter out stimulus (i.e. noise) just like any other type of sensory stimulation. Regardless, the brainwave entrainment effect will still be there. There is no need to tune up the light intensity during the session.
Choosing the correct program
There are 4 programs available when using OmniBrian according to the system’s organ clock program. You can manually choose the appropriate organ clock for the desired effect based on your lifestyle and activities to follow. The choice of the organ clock program is less dependent on the time of the day, but what is relevant to the desired state of mind you wish to achieve. For instance, it’s perfectly fine to run evening or noon program in the early morning – if your objective is to achieve a relaxed state of mind. Nevertheless, when using the OmniBrain together with the OmniMat, you can only choose one program – for both the OmniMat and OmniBrain. So the choice of the organ clock will largely depend on what’s the priority of the application.
- Morning Program (Beta Waves) 12-30Hz. These frequencies activate the body and the mind. The higher frequencies within this spectrum are responsible for cognitive functions such as concentration and memory. Use this program when you need focus, attentiveness, or preparing your mental state for any competition or performance related activity, including sports competition.
- Noon Program: (Alpha Waves) they range in the spectrum from approx. 8 – 12 HZ. This brain waveform is responsible for being in a relaxed state without losing focus. This is important to “wind down”, reduce stress and pain. It also reduces circulating cortisol levels. The OmniBrain-Alpha-range should be used after a lunch break to activate the parasympathetic system (regeneration, relaxation) and to give your brain a “little break”. 10Hz is also known to be the optimal frequency for creativity. Alpha waves are the desired brainwave spectrum to achieve during meditation. For those who are practicing meditation, this is the program to use.
- Evening Program (Theta Waves): frequency spectrum from approx. 4 – 7 HZ. These waves are connected with total relaxation and improvement of senses and creative forces. Theta wave activation is ideal for relaxation after an exhausting work-day. It calms brain activity without getting sleepy. Theta status is a creative status in which thoughts become clearer and are characterized by emotions. Do note that Theta Waves can easily put you to sleep, so if you are planning to stay alert after the session, use NOON program instead. Evening program can be an excellent program to use before sleep, as it will help to wind down the activeness of your mental state and prepare you for good night sleep.
- Night Program (Delta Waves): Frequencies up to 4 HZ. These frequencies are responsible for deep sleep and at the same time, increase the stability of individual sleep cycles. When the brain is in Delta state, the consciousness is very receptive. For this reason, Delta frequency is optimal to activate cell regeneration for the entire organism. Use Night program before sleep together with the full-body mat to achieve the best result.
Choose the correct color
Different color is believed to influence our mood and emotion. While most researches for visual entrainment used white light, color can offer another dimension of effect. Technically speaking, different color has a different wavelength, and hence energy and penetration depth. The differences may contribute to activating different aspect of our biological sensors that affect our hormones (i.e. blue light can signal to our pineal glands to release less melatonin that is responsible for sleep-inducing).
Following is the general recommendation and explanation on the choice of color shade in OmniBrain. We recommend using Green shades for a start, before experimenting with other color combination.
Refresh and generate optimism and strengthen the general feeling of well-being. They promote inner calm and relaxation. Green is the color of the lightening of the heart and harmonic growth. Green shades are generally well tolerated by all people, without uncomfortable initial reactions.
Contribute, vitality, decisiveness, and energy. Red shades strengthen the joy of life, feelings of self-worth and promote assertiveness and the power to go after and overcome hindrances. Spiritual development, vitality, bravery, and energy
CAUTION: People under stress, anxiety, or already in a bad mood should avoid RED color. If the person has a history of epilepsy or photo-seizure, avoid RED color unless under professional advice.
They are considered to be soothing and harmonizing. Blue symbolizes growth, persistence, and justice. It promotes the balance of energy, communication, and understanding of others. Sympathy, broad thinking and assertiveness Blue shades are also generally well tolerated by all people, without uncomfortable initial reactions. We advise against using blue shades 6 hours before going to bed. Blue light is known to inhibit the release of melatonin, our sleep-inducing hormones. Although the evening/night program may still have an effect over this, we do suggest eliminating any potential negative contributor to sleep quality.
Just how important is the color effect?
In our experience, color plays a relatively minor role in the effect of the overall audio-visual entrainment. Also since most of the time we recommend using the OmniBrain with eyes close, any color effect will largely be diffused directly by our eyelids and, hence how our brain received it. In only certain cases whereby the light color is interpreted directly by other parts of our body – i.e. blue light and pineal gland, the color will have greater influence.
OmniBrain uses binaural as prevailing tones, with a mixed of isochronic tones in the background, depending on the program selected. This offers an excellent effect on hemispherical synchronization (left and right brain). For best audio soundwave stimulation. Use over the ear headset and set volume around 80 dB when using just the audio (tone) entrainment without background music, or use the correct earplug that achieves noise isolation. Find out about loudness reference here: https://www.earq.com/hearing-loss/decibels as a rough guide.